Saturday, October 3, 2015

My Professional Work w./ PKU

I wanted to make a quick post to talk a little bit more about myself and I what I do. I have realized that I have been pretty vague in saying that I work in entertainment and have not clarified what it is I do. I have seen some people reposting on Facebook saying that I am an actor with PKU... Well, sorry to burst your bubble but I am not an actor!

I work in production as a production manager. Most of my time is spent in the production office, putting together the logistics for a video shoot. During my time on a shoot, I work with the various departments to ensure that everyone is on the same page and all our needs are in place for the shoot day(s). I also manage the budget for a production. Unfortunately, not as glamorous as some of you may be thinking- but it is still a fun job!

Working freelance in this industry presents its challenges with managing a low phe diet. Often when you are on production, working lunches will be taken care of for you by the company. This can vary from a restaurant order for those in the office, to a catered meal while you are on set. This is the story of any PKUers life, being faced with all those foods you love but know you shouldn't eat. It is much easier to pack a lunch at home so I can more closely monitor what I am eating. I much prefer to prepare my lunch the night before so that I can just grab it and go in the morning.

What do you all do for low phe work lunches?

Now that I have cleared up a little bit about what exactly it is I do, I will leave you with some samples of what I have worked on since moving out to Los Angeles two years ago!

1. Iggy Azalea feat. Rita Ora - Black Widow



2. Jason Derulo feat. Snoop Dogg - Wiggle



3. Alesso feat. Tove Lo - Heroes


1 comment: